I love the versatility and simplicity of chicken salad. For breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this quick and easy gluten-free chicken salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
2 cups diced, cooked chicken
½ cup mayo (regular or light)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 cup chopped onion
¼ cup diced red grapes
2 Tablespoons toasted almond slices
Chop almonds into slices or small chunks. Toast in dry sauté pan over low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, as they burn easily.
In a small bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, onion, grapes and almonds. Add mayo mixture to chicken mixture and combine until well mixed. Chill.
This chicken salad can be served in a variety of ways. I often eat it as if it were chip dip and scoop it up on a variety of veggies.
A few serving suggestions are:
- On sliced apples, which happens to be my favorite way to eat this chicken salad.
- Thick bell pepper slices make perfect scoops.
- Jicama sticks or tortillas add a nice crunch.
- Cucumber rounds make nice cracker substitutes.
- As a sandwich on your favorite gluten-free bread