DIY Gluten-Free Flour Mix
This gluten-free flour mix can be used as a replacement in traditional recipes that call for all-purpose or whole wheat flour.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 cups
Author: Kim – The Gluten Free Style
- 1 Cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 3/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
*See tip about xanthan gum below.
- Add all ingredients to a gallon size Ziploc bag or an airtight container and shake until well mixed. Store in a dry place.
- I typically store my flour mix in the refrigerator or freezer. Brown rice flour can go rancid very quickly due to the grain’s natural fats, so anything containing brown rice flour lives in my freezer.
- This Gluten Free mix can be used in place of all-purpose or whole wheat flour in a 1:1 ratio in nearly every recipe.
- If xanthan gum is not an ingredient in your recipe, you should add ½ tsp – 1 tsp of xanthan gum per cup of gluten-free flour mix used. ½ tsp for cakes, muffins, sweet breads and cookies. 1 tsp for breads and pizza doughs.
- This recipe can easily be multiplied.